Friday 25 May 2012

Dip Dye.
Most of you probably already know that I decided to dip dye my hair pink. I get bored easily especially with my hair, I mean I love being blonde and wouldn't want to do anything too crazy to the colour so that was out of the question, the cut is at that awkward length as I'm just trying to grow it out from an asymmetric bob (like Frankie from the Saturdays), so I didn't fancy the chop to go shorter (only real option)... so the only thing I could think of was dip dying. Yes I know it's not original, but no one I know actually has it so I thought I'd just go for it. I've wanted some pink in my hair for YEARS now, so finally decided to bite the bullett. I used two different dyes, the first by Directions called 'Baby Pink' and the second by Stargazer also called 'Baby Pink'. I bought them both on eBay for just under £4 each, (which isn't bad considering I'm only using a really small amount of dye each time- it'll last a while). Although saying that, this colour does fade SUPER quick, I don't know if it's because my hair is so light anyway? or just the nature of the dye but it's so annoying. After one wash the dye has practically disappeared, it is a semi-permanent hair colour so I didn't expect too much, but still, one wash? I may as well buy a colouring pen and do it that way... no maybe not, but you get my point. Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.x

1 comment: